The following terms and conditions apply to the use of The Edge web site. The expressions “we”, “us” and “our” are a reference to the Frankston Arts Centre which is a business unit of the Frankston City Council. We reserve the right to amend the terms and conditions of using this site at any time. These amendments are effective immediately upon posting on the site. Your continued use of the site, following such postings will represent an agreement by you to be bound by the terms and conditions.
The content of The Edge website is provided for information purposes only. No claim is made as to the accuracy or authenticity of the content on the website. The site is administered by Frankston Arts Centre with content uploaded by many third parties. Frankston Arts Centre, its agents, instrumentalities and employees will not be liable for the accuracy of the information contained on this website nor its use or reliance placed on it. The information on the website is provided on the basis that all persons accessing the site undertake the responsibility of assessing the relevance and accuracy of the content.
Information published by Frankston Arts Centre is considered to be true and correct at the time of publication. Changes in circumstances after the time of publication may impact on the accuracy of this information and we give no assurance of any information or advice contained.
No responsibility is taken for any information that may appear on any linked websites. These external information sources are outside our control. It is the responsibility of users to make their own decision about the accuracy, currency, reliability and correctness of information found on the linked websites. Frankston Arts Centre does not necessarily endorse any company or organisation linked to from this website.
There is no warranty that the site will be free of infections by viruses or any other manifesting, contaminating or destructive properties.
We do not accept responsibility for any loss or damage, however caused, which you may directly or indirectly suffer in connection with your use of this web site or any linked web site, nor do we accept any responsibility for any such loss arising out of your use of or reliance on information contained on or accessed through this web site.
We offer no warranty in relation to the distribution, or the nature and extent of distribution, of your content using this web site.
You agree to use this web site for lawful purposes only.
In order to be able to use certain services available on the website and to make contributions to the website, you must become a registered user of the web site. To become a registered user of the web site, you must accurately provide your registration details in the manner described on the web site.
We reserve the right to refuse or terminate your registration at any time if you breach these terms and conditions.
On becoming a registered user you may be issued with “log on” information including a password. You must keep this information secure and accept responsibility for all activities on the web site using the “log on” information issued to you. You must notify us of any unauthorised use of your “log on” information.
Obligations of a Contributor to The Edge
When registering as a user, you agree to the following terms and conditions.
- Provision of content
The following content is not permitted under any circumstances. We reserve the right to refuse publication or remove content that violates these principles.
- Abusive, profane or sexual language
- Copyright or ownership protected materials
- Discriminatory material including age, industrial activity/inactivity, disability/impairment, status as a parent/carer, gender identity, marital status, parental status, political opinion/affiliation, pregnancy or potential pregnancy, breastfeeding, race or social origin, religious beliefs/activity, sex or lawful sexual orientation, employment activity, personal association and irrelevant criminal conviction
- Illegal or materials designed to encourage law breaking
- Materials that could compromise council, employee or system safety
- Materials which would breach applicable laws (defamation, privacy, trade practices, financial rules and regulations, fair use, trademarks)
- Material that would offend contemporary standards of taste and decency
- Material which would bring the council or its stakeholders and/or their reputation into disrepute
- Spam, meaning the distribution of unsolicited bulk electronic messages
- Images which inappropriately feature children or where permissions have not been obtained
- Content which could render Frankston Arts Centre liable for a breach of OH&S laws or other legal liability
Content Readiness and Responsibilities
As a contributor to the site you will:
- Be responsible for all aspects of the production of the content contributed by you, including accuracy, timeliness and appropriateness;
- Ensure that your content is up to date, accurate and not misleading;
- Warrant that your content is not fraudulent, defamatory and does not infringe the intellectual property rights, confidentiality rights, or privacy rights of any person;
- You will retain all intellectual property rights including copyright in the content contributed by you to the web site and retain the right to remove the content from the web site at any time. While it is published on the web site, you grant us a world wide, royalty-free, non-exclusive right to reproduce, adapt, publish, publicly perform and communicate to the public the content as part of the web site.
You must ensure that your access to this web site is not illegal or prohibited by laws which apply to you.
You must ensure that your data is supplied on the medium and in the format specified on this web site.
You must take your own precautions to ensure that the process which you employ for accessing this web site does not expose you to the risk of viruses, malicious computer code or other forms of interference which may damage your own computer system. For the removal of doubt, we do not accept responsibility for any interference or damage to your own computer system which arises in connection with your use of this web site or any linked web site.
Whilst we have no reason to believe that any information contained on this web site is inaccurate, we do not warrant the accuracy, adequacy or completeness of such information, nor do we undertake to keep this web site updated. We do not accept responsibility for loss suffered as a result of reliance by you upon the accuracy or currency of information contained on this web site.
You acknowledge that we are a distributor, not a publisher, of content on this web site. Our editorial control is limited to the selection of materials to make available. Any opinions or advice by third parties remain the responsibility of those third parties and we do not guarantee the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of that content or its fitness for any particular purposes.
Where the information made available over this service contains opinions or judgments of third parties, we do not purport to endorse the contents of that opinion or advice nor the accuracy or reliability of that opinion or advice. We do not accept liability for loss or damage caused by your reliance upon any information obtained through this service and it remains your responsibility to evaluate the accuracy, completeness and usefulness of any such information.
You must indemnify us and our related bodies corporate and our directors and employees against any claim by a third party arising out of a breach of these terms and conditions by you.
Responsibility for the content of advertisements appearing on this web site (including hyperlinks to advertisers’ own web sites) rests solely with the advertisers. The placement of such advertisements does not constitute a recommendation or endorsement by us of the advertisers’ products and each advertiser is solely responsible for any representations made in connection with its advertisement.
We make no warranty that goods acquired from us over this web site will meet your requirements.
Details contained on this web site relating to goods or services have been prepared in accordance with Australian law and may not satisfy the laws of any other country. We do not warrant that the details on this web site concerning those goods or services will satisfy the laws of any other country. It is your responsibility to determine whether these details satisfy the laws of the jurisdiction where you reside (if that jurisdiction is outside Australia) and if the details do not satisfy the laws of your jurisdiction, you may not order any goods or services from this web site.
Copyright in this web site (including text, graphics, logos, icons, sound recordings and software) is owned or licensed by us as All Rights Reserved. Other than for the purposes of, and subject to the conditions prescribed under, the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth) and similar legislation which applies in your location, and except as expressly authorised by these terms and conditions, you may not in any form or by any means:
- Adapt, reproduce, store, distribute, print, display, perform, publish or create derivative works from any part of this web site; or
- Commercialise any information, products or services obtained from any part of this web site; without our written permission.
- Text, graphics, logos, icons, sound recordings and film supplied by site users may be subject to specific licences under a Creative Commons license, such licenses will be listed in the attribition for each piece of content uploaded or linked, unless stated, otherwise, All Right Reserved license applies to all content on this website.
Unless we agree otherwise in writing, you are provided with access to this web site only for your personal use. You are authorised to print a copy of any information contained on this web site for your personal use, unless such printing is expressly prohibited. Without limiting the foregoing, you may not without our written permission on-sell information obtained from this web site.
Linked Web Sites
This web site may contain links to other web sites (“linked web sites”). Those links are provided for convenience only and may not remain current or be maintained.
We are not responsible for the content or privacy practices associated with linked web sites.
Our links with linked web sites should not be construed as an endorsement, approval or recommendation by us of the owners or operators of those linked web sites, or of any information, graphics, materials, products or services referred to or contained on those linked web sites, unless and to the extent stipulated to the contrary
Security of Information
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed as totally secure. Whilst we strive to protect such information, we do not warrant and cannot ensure the security of any information which you transmit to us. Accordingly, any information which you transmit to us is transmitted at your own risk. Nevertheless, once we receive your transmission, we will take reasonable steps to preserve the security of such information.
Termination of Access
Access to this web site may be terminated at any time by us without notice. Our disclaimer will nevertheless survive any such termination.